BA-FCA is a membership organization. When you join BA-FCA you will acquire certain member benefits.
Individual lifetime membership is $100 (non-refundable).
- Your member information is secure. We do not share our membership list
- Be provided with planning materials to put your wishes in writing
- Be prompted from time to time to review and update your member information and mortuary/plan choices.
- Be invited to BA-FCA-sponsored events
- Receive a membership wallet card to carry for emergencies
- Have our Speakers Bureau speak to your church, civic or professional group on a variety of death care related topics.
- Be eligible to vote at annual meetings
- Be eligible to serve on our board of directors
- Be part of the member base strengthening BA-FCA to advocate at the state and national level for consumer interests relating to death care
- Have the opportunity to volunteer for fun and rewarding work
- Be able to transfer your membership to other BA-FCA chapters (NOTE: not all chapters have discount arrangements with local mortuaries).
- Receive updates on legislative and regulatory matters relating to death care, organ and body donation, estate-planning, living wills and trusts, etc.
- Be kept up-to-date with emerging trends in death care, such as home funerals and green burials.
- You become an educated consumer, able to avoid unnecessary expenses
- Have the peace of mind of knowing you have spared your loved ones the stress of decision-making in what will be a difficult time for them.
- Educate yourself about end-of-life options
- Choose the type of funeral arrangements you would like, and put it in writing
- Discuss your wishes with your family
- Inform your survivors if there are any funds set aside for your funeral expenses.
- Inform BA-FCA if you move, change your name, or need to update other planning information
- Support BA-FCA’s educational and consumer advocacy work for the benefit of all.